Harrogate’s Finest Four Luxury Period Self Contained Serviced Apartments
9A Royal Parade Apartments, Overlooking The Royal Pump Room
with Historical Plaque Honouring our unique place in Harrogate’s Spa History
9A Royal Parade Apartments – Awarded Historical Plaque
- Four Spacious Luxury Self-Contained Serviced Period Apartments all on separate floors offering total privacy. Individually designed with fine original period architectural features, and furnished with antiques and pre-loved items, the ultimate in recycling and unique style.
- We are a small Green Independent Family Business with a Green Tourism Silver Award – we put Green Values at the Heart of everything we do. We care about you and we care about the planet. Let us all play our part in creating a better future.
A Right Royal Welcome. Luxury and Organic Home from Home Facilites including Yorkshire Teas and Coffee, Organic Soaps and Shampoo.
- Free Wi-Fi. Fibre Internet connectivity delivered using WiFi-6 Mesh system ensuring a fast and stable Internet experience.
Private Parking by Arrangement (24 hour car park 3 minutes away).
Walking For Health and Happiness in Harrogate
- Reducing our Carbon Footprint and Supporting Zero Carbon Harrogate.
- Offering a Car Free Break in Walkshire.
- 4 minute walk to Montpellier Quarter, 50 independent shops and restaurants.
- 1 minute walk Valley Gardens English Heritage Grade II listed 17 acre garden in regal Low Harrogate
- 10 minute walk The Pinewoods (96 acres)
- 30 minute walk to RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, 58 acres of diverse landscapes with different garden styles
- See Green Ethos for more details
Honouring Our Unique Place in Harrogate’s Spa History
We are delighted to announce the unveiling of a plaque at 9 Royal Parade to commemorate Pickersgill Palliser and our place in Harrogate’s Spa History. 8th June 2022.
The first medicinal spring waters in Harrogate were discovered in 1571 by William Slingsby. Harrogate became the leading Spa in Europe after 1846 when the Royal Pump Room was opened and built over the popular Old Sulphur Well on Royal Parade.
Royal Parade took its name as the principle promenade for the Crowned Heads of Europe who came to take ‘the waters’ in Harrogate for Health & Happiness. In 1834 Pickersgill Palliser launched the first List of Visitors to Harrogate Spa. In 1836 he founded the Harrogate Advertiser newspaper which also continued the tradition of listing the visitors. In 1840 he published Palliser’s History & Directory of Harrogate. In 1855 he purchased the land for 8 & 9 Royal Parade, directly opposite the Royal Pump Room entrance. We have the original handwritten deeds. He subsequently had the buildings erected as shops with fine period living accommodation above. He is recorded as living at 9 Royal Parade in the 1871 Census and running the shop below as Low Harrogate Post Office. We are proud to remember him and to go on Honouring Harrogate’s Spa History as he did.